Our offices consistently apply state-of-the-art sterilization and disinfection techniques to provide you with maximum protection.
In our office, your safety is our highest priority. Throughout the day, we continuously and thoroughly sterilize our equipment for your protection. Our protocol for sterilization includes the following:
- To ensure your safety, we go beyond the standard sterilization procedures with all instruments and handpieces. First, they are brought into our sterilization area and placed in an ultrasonic cleaner to remove even microscopic debris. The instruments and handpieces are then sterilized in an autoclave, which destroy all bacteria and all viruses.
- Before and after each patient appointment, all treatment surfaces (e.g., countertops, chairs, surfaces, lights, x-ray machines, and trays) are disinfected with the most effective and safest products available. X-ray heads, chairs, air/water
syringe, and lights are covered and are replaced after each patient.
- Alemany Dental team members use masks, safety glasses, and new gloves for each patient, along with bouffant caps and shoe covers for surgery.
- Our autoclave and dry heat sterilizer are monitored regularly to ensure their efficiency and safety. We utilize disposable devices and individually wrapped supplies whenever possible.
- Separate sterile water lines have been installed and go through another water treatment process called Sterisil-Straw in all operatory rooms.
- All staff members are updated regularly in proper patient protection procedures and have been vaccinated against the Hepatitis B virus.
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding patient protection and give you a personal tour of our facility.