General & Preventive Dental Care
Dr. Lyew and his dental team provides a wide range of services to help you keep your teeth and gums healthy so that they will last you a lifetime. Our general and preventive care services include:
- New patient exams, comprehensive exams, and bi-annual checkups
- Periodontal exams
- Dental hygiene / cleanings
- Fillings and sealants
- Fluoride treatments
Our cosmetic dentistry and smile enhancement services can improve the esthetics and function of your teeth. Some of the most common methods are:
- Veneers: Veneers and crowns are thin shells of porcelain which exactly fit over the front surfaces of your teeth to restore or repair damaged teeth or to correct imperfections. The veneers can also mask surface stains while letting light through to appear entirely real. They are affixed with an adhesive to the front surfaces of the teeth. Porcelain veneers are extremely durable, and you will be able to eat almost everything.
- Teeth Whitening: We offer both in-office and at-home whitening treatments that are a highly effective and affordable. These treatments lighten and whiten your teeth, leaving them feeling clean and sparkling.
Find out more about Six Months Smile and Invisalign under our services.
Patients presenting with tooth pain may need to have endodontic or root canal treatment to remedy the inflamed or infected pulp (the soft tissue inside of the root canal). To alleviate your pain, we first use local anesthetic, and then remove the inflamed or infected pulp. We carefully clean and shape the inside of the canal, fill and seal the space, and then place a crown or other restoration on the tooth to protect and restore it to full function. After restoration, your tooth will continue to function just like any other tooth.
Also known as Dental Prosthetics, this specialty involves the replacement and restoration of teeth lost or damaged due to age or disease. Our goal is to help you achieve your most natural looking smile, while restoring or enhancing function. To achieve this, we consult with you to determine the most appropriate prosthetic appliance and then prepare the appliance to perfectly fit your bite. We can also provide oral prostheses to correct defects caused by surgery and to assist those with respiratory problems.
Prosthetic options are:
- Fixed Bridges: A bridge is designed to bridge the gap created by one or more missing teeth. It is typically made up of two crowns for the teeth on either side of the gap, with false teeth in between.Once the teeth are prepared for the crowns, the bridge is cemented on. Your dentist may have you come back a few times to ensure that the bridge and its framework fit you properly. After the necessary adjustments, the bridge is permanently cemented. With proper hygiene, a fixed bridge can last over 10 years.Bridges are beneficial because not only do they restore your teeth and smile, but they maintain the shape of your face, allow you to chew and speak as you normally would, and they prevent your remaining teeth from shifting out of position.
- Removable Dentures
- Crowns: Also known as a “cap”, a dental crown is a restoration that covers the entire outer part of the tooth. A crown may be necessary to restore tooth shape, strength, or size. It may also be used to improve the overall aesthetic of a tooth. There are different types of crowns available. Your dentist will work with you to decide on the best option.
Dr. Lyew uses superior techniques while working hand-in-hand with the best labs available to provide this permanent and comfortable alternative to removable prosthetics or fixed bridges. Our implants look, feel, and function like your regular teeth, and they do not decay. Other benefits of dental implants include:
- They prevent bone loss in the jaw.
- They save your other teeth. Unlike bridges, implants do not require the surrounding teeth to be filed down for support.
- They encourage long-term facial integrity by supporting the jawbone and keeping it from deteriorating.
Superior oral health is vital for a child’s development, so our pediatric dentists are committed to providing outstanding pediatric dental care in a warm and caring environment. Because their routines, growth, and development differ greatly from adults, children require unique treatment instruction and methods to prevent future dental complications. Our services include first dental evaluations, routine exams and cleanings, prevention and education, and restorative treatments (with or without nitrous oxide gas).
Oral Sedation (also known as conscious sedation) provides a safe and comfortable experience for patients to get the care they need and want. Through the use of oral medications and proper monitoring, sedation techniques allow patients to be relaxed and anxiety-free during dental procedures. To find out more about oral sedation, please click here.